I am completely blown away and at a loss for words when I think of all that has happened to me and through me with 1,000 Miles For Albania. Tomorrow marks the final day of this year and this chapter in my life. I have learned so much about myself, my love for God, my love for people, my country, and the beautiful country of Albania this year.
I have learned what it truly means to live a life of audacious faith and to lead others to live audaciously as well. I have learned to see beyond what can be seen with my eyes and listen to the voice of the Father with my heart. I have learned what will bring temporary relief and what brings true life change. I have learned most of all how to hear God call me to new things and how to walk in obedience when I hear His voice.
I am praying that God will continue to use me to advance the Gospel in Albania. I'm not sure what the future looks like but tomorrow will be the final day for people to give to 1,000 Miles For Albania. If you would like to Give A Donation, you can do that on-line here or you can mail one to me (see my contact information) and as long as it is sent by December 31, it will be added to the total that will be sent to Pastor Hervin and Sedika in the next few weeks.
1,000 Miles For Albania has done some amazing things! Here's a recap of this year:
- 1,000 Miles Complete!
- Helped start a feeding program for the Roma community in Albania, now called The House of Hope, helping families with food, education, and the love of Jesus Christ!
- Raised over $45,000.00
- Helped to purchase a much needed space for the church and ministry leadership school in Tirana
- Inspired many many people to live beyond themselves and choose to listen to God's heart and live with audacious faith
Here's what I would like to see happen in the future:
- Help rebuild the church in Lushnje ($100,000 + Project)
- Help raise financial support for The House of Hope Feeding Program
- Help mentor new Christian leaders, teachers, pastors to further advance the Gospel in Albania
- Help start a Christian counseling center
- Help start a shelter for abused women and girls in Albania
I know this is a tall order, but I believe it can and will happen for the Glory of God! So much has been done but there is much to do as well! May God receive all Glory and Honor and May lives be changed and rescued by His hand and by our obedience!
1,000 Miles Complete... and this is only the beginning...